Sunday, June 7, 2009

"Summertime" - YouTube



I must admit that when I had to select a video to post I knew exactly where I wanted to go. I'm a huge fan of my sister and her beautiful voice. I looked, saw a video indicative of the moment I'm in and want to share it. Joy's singing with Dave Santos on a Friday night at the House of Brutus. Dave is another amazingly talented musician from Guam who spends his days teaching and his nights living his passion. Together they made a dynamic duo. During this night, there was no rehearsal. It was just two great singers getting up on the stage and singing with soul. Amazing!

Looking around youtube is always fun. There are so many videos to chose from and such a huge variety. There are definitely videos in this site that could be used by teachers and students. The question is just how do we monitor the videos that students view if schools allow access to this site? From this class I'm thankful for all the different ways I'm learning to help me take the positive things from each site, and fix them in such a way that it allows me to use it in the class.

1 comment:

  1. I pulled up your site and was interested in seeing the video. I know Dave Santos. He is a wonderful man, in addition to a great singer. Unfortunately the video would not show on the computer I was on. I guess I will try it again when I get home. Too bad!!

    ReplyDelete